Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wicket training over the weekend in UK

Never thought would have a chance to attend any training while in an oversea trip. First time ever to travel 6500 miles, and had the opportunity to take part in a JWeekend Wicket 2 days course. The course was held by Al Maw and Cemal on Fri & Sat, 21st to 22nd March in London.

Normally when I attend trainings back in Malaysia, I experienced lots of "theory" poet reader, which nicely shutdown people's attention, or "here's-the-point-and-i'll-read-it-to-you" type of training. This time, I had lots of practical in the training which firmly sets the experience of using wicket in real. This really helps a lot for an entry level user like me.

The training pace is just nice for me to catch up though on the second day find it a little difficult to digest after the nice Thai lunch! Thanks to Al and Cemal's patience, slowly guide me through all the exercises, make me excited to continue explore the wicket feature.

The training breakdown into modules which easy for me to know what are the topics to be covered. To understand all in a day or 2 is definitely not easy, however, again, emphasized on the experience that Al had, able to explain something in different angle should he finds me not able to understand it. Thanks to his patience to guide me through until I get it!

I'm really grateful to Cemal as well who's willing to setup a laptop for my hand's on lab session. I couldn't bring mine due to my shoulder's injury and was a last minute decision which I did not inform JWeekend prior to the training. This really shows their commitment to take care of their students. So, thanks again, Cemal!

All in all, I enjoyed the training, moreover, I've gained the knowledge that could help me get started in using wicket. Definitely something that you might want to go for if you're looking for a wicket training.

No comments: